I have two kids going into Pre-K Preschool in a couple weeks. They will go to a building and be guided and taught many things.. I hope anyways.
But here is the list of things I really want them to learn in Preschool and beyond.
The main 2 lessons I want them to learn:
- I can not protect them from everything
- Mom will always be there..
Here is a list of the more specific lessons if you wonder…
- Go learn that people will make you sad, but Mom will always be here at the end of the day to hear your words through your tears.
- Go learn that you may not like what you have to make in art class, but mom will always be here at the end of the day to hear your complaints.
- Go Learn your best friend may talk behind your back, but Mom will always be here at the end of the day to listen to your heart breaking.
- Go learn that achievements are great and worth working for, but are best shared with Mom.
- Go learn that you will forget something and the day goes on, but Mom will be here at the end of the day to listen how you resolved the problem.
- Go learn that mistakes are done and guilt is felt, but Mom will be here to listen and understand your feelings.
- Go learn that many things are done without indent or with a misunderstanding, but always know Mom will be here to listen to your anger.
- Go learn that talking and expressing your feelings with words is one of the best lessons you can learn and Mom will always be here to listen.
Just learn that Mom and Dad are always here to listen. We may be disappointed, disagree or be sad by some of your reactions and decisions in the next years, but we always want you to know that talking through an issue can really resolve many problems.
Go learn that every day may be hard and difficult, but Mom and Dad will be here at the end of the day to say ” I Love You”.
Go learn life is not fair, equal, or did I mention fair???, but we will be here at the end of the day with a great big hug and an ear to listen.
May going into this school year, may the lessons your child learn be life lessons they can take with them forever…. and that you will always be there… in the good times and the bad!
Good Luck for 2018/2019 school year!